Monday, May 16, 2011

Pat Rice set to carry on at Arsenal

Assistant manager Pat Rice is set to carry on at Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger had feared the 62-year-old Irishman may retire at the end the current campaign. However the 1971 Double winner has indicated he will prolong an association with the Club going back almost half a century.

“I think Pat will continue for one more year,” said Wenger, who appointed Rice to his current role when he arrived at Arsenal in 1996. “He has told me that.

“This is important for me because he knows how I work. We have a good understanding, he is a compliment to me.

“The day he stops will be a massive loss. So I am happy that he goes on for one more year.”

However Wenger revealed that he will may add to his backroom staff over the summer.

“We always need [fresh ideas] and I am thinking about it,” said the manager.

“I don’t know yet if I’ll bring in someone. I cannot tell you yes or no because I have not made that decision.”

However Wenger did quash stories that he was about to bring in former Charlton boss Phil Parkinson.

Source: Arsenal.com on 15 May 11

No comments:

Post a Comment