Monday, January 16, 2012

Wenger's reaction to the Swansea 3-2 Arsenal match

on the game…
The game was difficult because Swansea played well. It was also decided by some strange decisions from the referee, who gave a penalty that was complete imagination.

From then on I thought there were some odd turning points, like when we came back to 2-2 and made a defensive mistake straight away. It looked similar to Fulham to me, the lack of appreciation for the ball. Our defensive performance was not good enough and that's why we lost the game.

When we got back to 2-2 I thought we could win the game because I thought we could be dangerous. The keeper kept them in the game after too and made some great saves.

I think we also missed some unbelievable chances that are very difficult to understand and explain. But apart from that, well done to Swansea, they played well and deserved the win.

on defensive frailties…
Coincidences are always against us and it is difficult to understand what is going on. I don't know, I feel we are a bit too nervous. We cannot panic every time they have the ball in the final third of the pitch. We have to show more composure and ambition. I think we panicked a bit too quickly today.

It is always a concern but on the other hand there is a good spirit in the side and a desire to do well. But we have dropped six points in a row now that we should not have.
 
Source: Arsenal.com on 15 Jan 12

No comments:

Post a Comment