Monday, December 5, 2011

Wenger's reaction to the Wigan Athletic 0-4 Arsenal match

on the result…
Wigan started well, created some dangerous situations and surprised us at the start. After that 15 minutes we took control of the game and never looked like losing that. Maybe a bit in the first five minutes of the second half. But overall we had a good team performance defensively and offensively. The confidence is there and you could feel that in the way we played today. I can only congratulate the team. They are growing and they are getting better and better. You could see there is something there to work on.

on a possible comeback...
I had that in my memory when it was 2-0 and they started strongly in the second half because they had done that last season. I just felt that today we had too much for Wigan and that we looked solid at the back. We didn't lose any goals in the fights and therefore of course we were under threat less defensively.

on even goal distribution..
I am happy that Gervinho scored, I am happy that we scored goals of course. But I am also happy that other players scored, and that Robin van Persie did as well. It is good for the morale of the team and overall I know they can do it.

on teamwork...
We know we can do that, and we can do that at a good pace. Today we have seen some outstanding combinations. I must say as well that the pitch is better here than it was years ago. That helps us as well.

on being received well by the fans...
Our job is to keep our focus as much as we can do and take the good and the bad. I just try to give my best for my Club. When people are not happy of course I am not happy as well but it's part of the job.

on Premier League hopes...
I am confident we can achieve it. It looks like all the teams up front will win comfortably. It will be down to the teams who are the most consistent. When you look at the scores today from the teams who are in front of us like Chelsea, Tottenham and man City - they all won with two, three, four goals difference. That means it will be down to who is the most consistent out there.
 
Source: Arsenal.com on 3 Dec 11

No comments:

Post a Comment