Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wenger's reaction to the Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Arsenal match

on a frustrating afternoon…
Yes, because in the first half I felt we played a little but with the handbrake on. Even playing like that we had four chances. At half time we came out and had a go at them and got it back to 1-1. I felt again that we didn't push on enough and let them get back into the game.

We lack a little bit of confidence at the moment, and we just need to protect a result when we have one.

on Tottenham's first goal…
It is frustrating as well because their first goal was handball. I wonder what the linesmen do in these situations. It is a second yellow card as well because he already had one - for handball, on purpose.

on the question of Van deer Vaart going into the crowd and not being booked…
I am not a fan of that. I can understand that when a player scores there has to be some spontaneous reaction to a goal.

on the second goal conceded…
We did not defend properly and we were punished for it. I have to see it again, but yes Sczesny certainly looks disappointed.

on title hopes…
I do not think like that, I think at the moment we have to set ourselves a realistic target and to get in touch with the teams who are fighting for the Champions League positions. If you say today we will win the league it is not realistic.

At the moment we are 12 points behind Manchester United and Manchester City - that's not realistic to say today that we will win the league. We have to fight to come back into a much better position, that's reality.

on the chants from both fans…
We respect everybody and we want to be respected as well.

on Sagna injury…
We are very worried about his injury. He is in hospital at the moment and it is too early to say but the first signs do not look good at all. It is the fibula in the ankle that has to be checked, that is what I have been told. We will know tonight.

I think he was pushed quite hard by Assou-Ekotto and I'm not sure what happened to him. He might have landed the wrong way, I don't know. I will have to see it again. Straight away he wanted to be substituted.

Source: Arsenal.com on 2 Oct 11

No comments:

Post a Comment